COMANGO is an illegal organization claiming to be the representative of the people of Malaysia. It lobbied internationally to force Malaysia to accept the principles of human rights which are based on secularism and liberalism. They use the platform of UNHRC and the UPR to lobby for their demands. COMANGO is also supported by 54 NGOs that most of the NGOs’ are illegal and not registered by the Registrar of Societies (ROS). COMANGO itself does not register with ROS.
1. Malaysia has been accused of no freedom for Muslims of other schools as only the Sunni sect is permitted.
2. Muslim ideology threatens the ability of Muslims to practice their own religion other than religious authority.
3. The Malaysian government was accused of promoting a variety of religious discrimination.
4. Syariah Courts prohibit conversion from Islam.
5. Banning of a number of publications of different religions (The Herald, Allah Liberty and Love)
6. The Government of Malaysia refused to recognize sexual orientation and gender identity rights.
1. Freedom of religion (interfaith and intra-faith)
2. Freedom of the press and media
3. Acceptance of all international treaties without any reservation.